As I mentioned before, OpenCV is an open source library of computer vision in C/C++. Before you can use it, of course you must have Visual C/C++ or Visual.Net installed in your PC. Me, I’m using Visual C++ 6.0 for my project.
The following are the procedures to setup OpenCV:
- Download the OpenCV installation file from here. Find the latest version.
- Run (double click) the installation file. After completed, you will get OPENCV icon menu in your PROGRAM.
- Make a linking in the system PATH to OpenCV DLLs files, using the below steps:
- Click My Computer –> Properties –> Advanced –> Environment Variables –> Systems variable –> highlight PATH –> Edit.
- Add “C:\Program Files\OpenCV\bin” to PATH. The location of OpenCV DLL files might be differentEach different path file is separated by semicolon (;)
- If your OpenCV is already opened, you should close it then open again to take effect of the new path.
4. Customize the GLOBAL OPTIONS- In your OpenCV window, click Tools –> Options and select Directories tab
- Select directories for Include files, then add four OpenCV directories as show in the figure.
- Also add OpenCV directories for Library & Search files (see the figure)
If you have problems or suggestion related to this article, please feel free to give comments. TQ.